Hadfield Coming Together is a local, inclusive group aiming to bring the Community together to help and support people through poverty or times of need. The Group welcomes everyone.
The group enhances opportunities and learning to create a healthier and more responsible lifestyle, healthy eating, budgeting, recycling through regular signposting and activities provided at low or no cost to the Community. The group is based at Carmel Church in Hadfield, SK13 2DR.
Some of the activities which Hadfield Coming Together provide to local people include:
- Bellies Not Bins provide a food collection for the local Community every Thursday, collection is 1:45pm – 3pm, from Carmel Church Hadfield. Collection needs to be booked in advance, please contact: Gillian Cross 07549307720. The group are providing 90 – 100 meals to families per week. The group are there to recycle food and help families / individuals in need.
- Packed Lunches for children during local school holidays, pick up is every Wednesday, during the holidays, 12pm – 2pm. The group provide an average of 120 – 150 packed lunches per week.
- Carmel Community Meal is the last Wednesday of the month which is a free meal for ALL of the family.
- Free Community Breakfast which takes place on the 2nd Saturday of every month, providing on average around 60 – 80 breakfast to the local Community per month.
- Carmel Church Community Clean Up is the 1st Saturday of the month (March – September) with free breakfast sandwiches and refreshments.
- Nature Walks monthly for people with all walking abilities. The Group meet at Carmel Church at 9am on the (Insert day of month) and a packed lunch is provided.
- Community Cooking Lesson Videos.
All of the above activities are for those who live in the local Community of Hadfield, Padfield & Tintwistle.
The group has been running with 6 Volunteers throughout the Covid-19 Pandemic due to Covid-19 restrictions. The Group have continued to provide their Carmel Community Meals on the last Wednesday of the month through the Covid-19 Pandemic on a takeaway basis due to restrictions but are hoping to be able to get back to face to face Community Meals soon.
The group are also starting an over 60 meal on the second Wednesday of each month from January 2022 at Carmel Church, 12:30pm – 2pm.
The group would like to say a huge THANK YOU to all of the volunteer’s dedication from across Hadfield, Padfield and Tintwistle.
The Group would also like to say a huge THANK YOU to the Funders, Foundation Derbyshire.
To find out more about the fantastic Community work which the Hadfield Coming Together Group are running, please visit: